Monday, April 02, 2007

Shakalaka boom boom

I have been singing that ever since I downloaded it. And that made me thinking why not write about my favorite music. It’s certainly a difficult task considering the gigantic list of favorites I have. So I choose a number, seven. I chose to list seven songs that top the current play list, those I call the current craze.

Current Craze

1) Shakalaka Boom Boom: Himesh Reshamiya has struck gold. A certain chart buster, this should find a place at all the pubs, which play desi music. Lyrics are nothing to rant about, but the foot tapping music more than makes up for it. Having played the original and remix over ‘n’ over, I found the remix version marginally better than the original.

2) 5 Feet 8 Inches: Devi Sri Prasad has been on my favorites list for long now, but the lyricist Chandra Bose never was. With this song he is, for his lyrics dominate the music. Music can be called not routine at best, but its lyrics are what sell the song.

3) Rakhi Rakhi: Another Devi Sri Prasad song here. A peppy number with female voice lent by my current crush, Mamata Mohandas. Nothing great about this number and yet I play this repeatedly. Guess, Mamata is the magic word ;-)

4) Preminche Premava: A R Rahman might have been yawning or drowsy when he composed this and yet it manages to out do every other sing dished out by his competitors. Veturi is in high form penning lyrics in a way only he can. A special mention has to be made of Naresh Iyer, the way he raised the pitch of the song makes it even better.

5) Subah Subah: Excellent music by Vishal Sekhar coupled with very good lyrics by Vishal is what makes this song. Every time I play this song, I feel a growing attachment with it and it does look a strong contender to join the essentials.

6) Prathi dinam nee darshanam: Ilayaraja renders music for a Vamsi’s film after a decade and half. I would not need a better reason and Maestro does not disappoint. Typical vamsi movie lyrics and who else other than Veturi would fit the bill.

7) Tere Bin: Atif Aslam brings a sad fact. Bollywood has few guys after Sonu Nigam, who have such depth in their voice. This Pakistani singer is the best the industry has today. He proved it with Who Lamhe and goes on to show he is learning it faster with this one. And I pray he chooses Mumbai as his new home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape