Friday, March 02, 2007

The Prelude

It all started with a message from Vicky. The initial plan was to find a get away from Hyderabad for the weekend. Not being one who would want anything normal, I enquired his willingness for a road trip. Being the one who is always willing, Vicky showed the enthusiasm I wanted. I blackmailed Kiran into the trip successfully, yet again.

A good search for places near Hyderabad has thrown many options. Couple of visits to the Tourism office and many visits to several websites later we zeroed in on Vizag. Vizag it was when I packed and slept on the night of Thursday, 1st March at 10 PM. 10.45 PM in the night I receive a call, a call from Vicky.

Vicky: Arre, Vizag is 1400 km return trip.
Me: Yeah. We did calculate that before.
Vicky: Why not try some other place within that distance?
Me: Like
Vicky: Goa or Maddikeri.

I kicked myself and woke up. It was turning out to be more interesting than I anticipated it to be. A quick conference with Vicky and Kiran and few calls later, we chose Goa, good 5 hours before the journey would begin. Goa, the land of beaches, the land of rivers, and most importantly the land of phirang babes, it was. I tried sleeping salivating about what was to come and the drive I expected on the 4 Lane road I was told about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape